Welcome.../ Bienvenidos...

This is a Spanglish blog for all you desserts lovers out there...I hope you love these creations as much as my friends and I do. This blog is not just about desserts, but about my love for food and all crafty things that tempt my free time. Feel free to share yours.

If you have a special request, you may contact me at madtemptations8@gmail.com. Until then...may you live a sweet life! - Mely

***********************************

Este es un blog "Spanglish" para todos ustedes amantes de los postres...Espero que amen estas creaciones tanto como mis amistades y yo. Este blog no es sólo sobre postres, más sobre my amor por la comida y todas las manualidades que me tientan en mu tiempo libre. Siéntete en la libertad de compartir los tuyos.

Si tienes algún pedido especial, me puedes contacter a madtemptations8@gmail.com. Hasta entonces...¡que vivas una vida dulce! - Mely

"CarboNADA"

Last week my husband Victor went to jog and I asked him: Baby, what do you what for dinner? He said: A pasta...can be a Carbonara! MMM!.. so I agreed..we love pasta!!!


I have my recipe of Carbonara and looked for the fettuccine and found that have half of it and half of the wheat spaghetti, so I went for it. Then I looked for my heavy cream and found out that it was passed due...if you know what I mean. So I said, It's OK, I can substitute with milk, flour, and butter. Then I went to look for my bacon...I forgot I made it for breakfast the other day...so I said: it's OK, I would have to use the pepperoni I have in the freezer, I will sweat it and crisp it, no problem, and finally I go and look for my cooking white wine, which was no longer there..so I said, OMG now what can I do?

Then, I remembered that in a scrapbooking seminar (yes, my other hobby!) I won a basket of Bacardi Rums. For your information, I do not drink alcohol, but I kept the basket because the flavored rums are great for desserts, especially cakes. So I looked in the basket and took the Bacardi Limon rum. Rum is very strong but I figured that before my husband finished his jog, I wanted to have everything ready. So this is how the CarboNada was born... I will share with you the recipe and hope you will love it the same way we did with what I had at hand...

Ingredients: (in cooking, never in baking!, I always eyeball them, these are approximations)

- Fettuccine and spaghetti
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of Bacardi Limon rum
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 6-8 pepperoni slices(diced)
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- Olive oil
- Rosemary, oregano, and preferred spices

Procedure:

1. Boil water with the rosemary and olive oil, then put the pasta in. (I love the flavor in the pasta, but you can follow your own recipe)

2. Sweat the pepperoni until crisp, take it out, and take out the excess fat placing it on a paper towel.

3. Simmer the rum until there is no alcohol smell, include the milk, garlic, ½ stick of butter, and flour, mixed until incorporated.

4. Add the pepperoni and the spices as preferred, I only add oregano.

5. Drain the pasta and add the remaining butter.

6. Pour the sauce in the pasta and let stand a few minutes so the ingredients can get acquainted.

Serve it with a salad, bread, or anything you love. The leftovers are great!!!

I hope you enjoy…

No comments: