Welcome.../ Bienvenidos...

This is a Spanglish blog for all you desserts lovers out there...I hope you love these creations as much as my friends and I do. This blog is not just about desserts, but about my love for food and all crafty things that tempt my free time. Feel free to share yours.

If you have a special request, you may contact me at madtemptations8@gmail.com. Until then...may you live a sweet life! - Mely

***********************************

Este es un blog "Spanglish" para todos ustedes amantes de los postres...Espero que amen estas creaciones tanto como mis amistades y yo. Este blog no es sólo sobre postres, más sobre my amor por la comida y todas las manualidades que me tientan en mu tiempo libre. Siéntete en la libertad de compartir los tuyos.

Si tienes algún pedido especial, me puedes contacter a madtemptations8@gmail.com. Hasta entonces...¡que vivas una vida dulce! - Mely

Buttercream / Crema de Mantequilla

Here is my favorite frosting for birthday cakes. This recipe is my version from the "Vanilla buttercream recipe" from the book "Perfect cupcakes".

3 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp almond extract
1-2 tbsp of evaporated milk (heavy cream may be used)

Procedure:

1. Beat on medium speed the confectioner sugar and butter until fluffy and blended.
2. Add the almond extract and milk until the desire consistency. I like it like a mousse, so I add more sugar to desire. I you like it runny, you may add milk.

PS: Add any food coloring you want or flavor to create your own. I use the food coloring in paste or gel, it's the best and does not make the frosting oily or changes its taste.

ENJOY!!!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Que bueno encontrar esta receta, la probare pronto, he tratado otras y no me han quedado como esperaba, aunque saben bien (casi todo con azucar sabe bien para mi, jeje), no con la consistencia esperada!!

Gracias por compartir y mucho exito en todo lo que te propongas!